As 2022 comes to a close, I am (cautiously) optimistic that 2023 will be a year of manifesting all good things as well as becoming the very best versions of ourselves. That being said, I’m still going to tip-toe into the New Year and try not to touch anything…
One of the things that I have been trying to pay more attention to as a beauty and lifestyle writer is what new trends are we going to see in the new year. So I combed through dozens of beauty sites where experts in the field weighed in to get the scoop for you and what I found was interestingly consistent – usually what’s trending seems to vary from site to site.
One thing I will say is that regardless of what is trending this coming year, one thing is for certain – the clean beauty movement will still be going strong and will just continue to grow!
*some affiliate links are used
- Minimalism or “skinimalism” – a less is more approach to skincare that we’ve seen gain popularity in 2022 will continue to grow in 2023. You’ll also continue to see more and more sustainable, eco-conscious, and clean ingredients used in formulations as care for the environment becomes increasingly important to consumers.
My pick for the best minimalist & sustainable skincare brand – Bella Aura. Use code BRIE15 to save 15%
2. Mindful skincare routines – the stress and challenges of the pandemic have forced us to change how we do many things, our skincare routine being one. Not only did we embrace a more minimalistic approach to beauty, but many of us also began to utilize it as part of our wellness routine. This mindfulness will continue on in 2023 and aromatherapy will play a role in elevating our routine.
3. A focus on barrier repair – continuing with the above trends, we’ll see more products that work to repair and protect the skin barrier in 2023. A disrupted barrier can cause or exacerbate skin issues, such as acne or rosacea.
My top pick for the brand with the best skin barrier-protecting products – Cocokind. First-time customers use code SABRINA10 to save 10%
4. More active ingredients in body care products – 2023 will see more of the same kinds of ingredients found in our facial care being incorporated into body care, ingredients such as retinol, niacinamide, and even chemical exfoliants.
- Tinted SPF reigns – with the popularity of the barefaced make-up look not waning, and more people looking to protect their skin from harmful (and aging) UV/UVB lights both outdoors and in, we’ll see tinted SPF moisturizers become the go-to HG product for light coverage + protection.
My top pick for tinted SPF – Beauty by Earth. Use code eco-soprano12 at checkout.
2. Make-up that acts like skincare – this really isn’t a new trend as many brands in the clean beautysphere have been using skincare ingredients in their make-up products for years, however, products that multi-task are definitely going to get lots of attention in 2023.
My top pick for make-up that doubles as skincare – Jane Iredale.
What trends are you looking forward to in 2023?
Until next time,